Jul 13, 2016

The Seven Wonders of the World

Colosseum, Rome.

This morning I read a book from the 1980´s, about the greatest masterpieces of the world. The book contained pictures from USA, South America, Oceania and the other continents. Really amazing book, and I loved the little mental trip I did in my mind, all over the world in just a few minutes. I really took to heart Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio, and the Opera House in Sydney, the stories behind their builds and their history ever since. Really educational.

Travel ignition
Pyramids of Giza.
It really got me thinking about the world we live in, and how much spectacular man-made wonders we are surrounded by. High-rise buildings, libraries, enormous gardens and practical dams, made to perfection. Not to mention the stunning beauty of the God-made attractions, like Grand Canyon, Great Barrier Reef, Mount Everest and Aurora Borealis, just to mention a few.

I left my house, and called a friend. "Let us decide to go somewhere we haven´t been before" I told him. He smiled, but I think he will come around. I specifically mentioned the USA during our conversation, because he has not been there and I want to go back there.

Modern Marvels 

The original seven wonders of the ancient world were: The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World (from left to right, top to bottom): Great Pyramid of GizaHanging Gardens of BabylonTemple of ArtemisStatue of Zeus at OlympiaMausoleum at HalicarnassusColossus of Rhodes, and the Lighthouse of Alexandria

Petra.

As you can see, only one of the Ancient wonders are left on the list, published in 2007. 

We can agree or disagree about which wonders were and were not on the list, but to tell you the truth: If I had the money, I would travel to each and one of these in a heartbeat.

Which wonder would you visit first? 
PS! For me, it will be Colosseum, this summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment